Well last week was suppose to be the time when Congress passed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) but it did not take it up. Next week the House is scheduled to take its August recess and the Senate is scheduled to start its recess on August 10th. So if the NDAA does not pass this week (which seems likely- but you never know) then we will all have an additional month to fight for improvements and to fight to protect the Commissary benefit. (Please see below) This is the month when many of you will have a chance to speak to your own House member in his or her district and your State’s 2 Senators. Make an appointment or go to a town meeting. Do not pass up the chance to talk to your members of Congress and/or their staffs about Commissaries and Exchanges, the VA and all their problems, military retirement, TRICARE or any of the many other important issues of the day. AUGUST is the month when you can find many members of Congress home and holding meeting. They are your representatives; they really do want to hear your concerns.
1. TREA members respond to Commissary threat
2. VA Tells Congress It Will Shut Down Some VA Hospitals Unless It Gets Additional Funding
3. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Statement on Department of Defense Military Lending Act Final Rule
4. Washington Post:” Congress moves agency by agency to cut rights of feds, limit their pay facilitate their dismissal
News for the Enlisted Monday July 27, 2015
Keep More of Your Money While Giving to TREA: The Enlisted Association
The Entertainment Book 2015 edition is being offered for sale to The Enlisted Association supporters and members at a special discounted price. This book is full of hundreds of 50% off discounts and 2-for-1 offers for local restaurants, theaters, sporting events, shopping, travel, and much more. In addition to these exclusive savings, your purchase will support The Enlisted Association as well as the local economy by increasing traffic to local businesses.
The Entertainment Book 2015 offers digital membership that features online functionality and a FREE MOBILE APP provides these features:
• You can now save in over 100 cities across the U.S. and Canada -
It’s like having all of the Entertainment® editions on your phone!
• Geo-locators allow you to find savings offers near you around the
corner or across the country.
• NEW offers are added daily to provide even more value.
• A “show your phone and save” feature allows offers to be redeemed
right from your smartphone.
IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!
CLICK HERE TO ORDER YOUR JROTC AWARD TODAY!
Click on any of these 3 buttons to find ways to
benefit TREA simply by shopping, searching and recycling.
1111 S. Abilene Ct.
Aurora, CO 80012
Hours: M-F 0800-1600 MST
1001 N. Fairfax St., Ste. 102
Alexandria, VA 22314
Hours: M-F 0900-1700